Friday, December 26, 2008

Xmas

And so another Christmas away from home. I guess I've been doing this blog over a year now as I remember spending all day last Christmas writing blog entries since I was in a backward Argentine town and nothing was open other than the Petrobras gas station. I'm pretty sure I'll be home next year, but I guess you never know. Anyway, nothing much of note the past couple of days. My puppy following me on the mile-long patrol down to this base this morning; the local people had interesting expressions on their faces seeing a lone American walking around with Afghan soldiers and a puppy shadowing him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is the puppy's name "Jack"? They can be good companions, can't they?

SA said...

The dog's name was Bones. She had a short but hopefully happy life.